Occusure’s Service Profile
Implementation of baseline, periodic, follow-up, post-illness and exit medical examination according to the needs of the defined risk based medical surveillance programme and performed in accordance with the occupational risk profile: hearing, lung function, vision, heights, multi-drug testing, BP, cardiac function, diabetes, biological monitoring.
Medical surveillance reporting
Integrated programme for treatment, reporting and rehabilitation of occupational injuries and diseases.
Hazard and Risk Identification, assessment and management
On-going risk assessment to ensure that the medical surveillance programme is cost effective and risk based. Formulation of Occupational Risk Exposure profiles with comprehensive occupational hygiene risk assessment conducted by an approved Inspection Authority. Supporting client management in the formulation of tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS management programmes and chronic illness management programmes that align to government’s and industry’s published guidelines.
Minor IOD’s can be treated and returned to work without unrealistic sick leave, and follow up and rehabilitation of injured employees together with an intimate understanding of the COID submission processes for injuries and diseases.
Periodic reporting of chronic illness and occupational diseases to client management
Early intervention strategies devised to limit occupational diseases where shifts in baseline profiles are identified and/or where monitoring parameters are amended. Liaison undertaken with client Health and Safety management to ensure the monitoring of employee chronic disease profiles and employee fitness to work.
Occupational Health Incident investigation
Monitoring of contractors’ letters of Good Standing with the Compensation Commissioner
Secured confidential storage of client employee clinical records
Maintenance of calibration certificates, professional registration, medical waste certificates, clinic permits and dispensing permits
Health Promotion Programmes for client employees on a range of primary health care and occupational health care topics from good nutrition to correct lifting techniques, and general awareness and control of non communicable disease such as Diabetes and Hypertension.
You’re in good hands!
Occusure has developed a formidable reputation as a niche provider. We are highly regarded in several areas:
Mobile Medical Services
– Our Mobile Occupational Health Teams take Occupational Health to worksites, in both semi-urban and rural areas
– These mobile teams carry out legislatively specified entrance, annual and exit medical examinations to exacting standards – including mobile X-ray where required
– We have developed a management strategy for on-site clinics that offers Primary Health Care and Occupational Health Care services in combination at a number of clinics in KZN, Free State, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and Gauteng provinces.
– This is a cost effective means of reducing absenteeism and improving the well-being of the work force.
– Client productivity is enhanced through reduced employee down-time
– Client corporate social responsibility is enhanced
We are able to assist with the following:
– Risk Assessments
– Written Safe Work Procedures
– Health Risk Assessments and formulation of Occupational Risk Exposure Profiles
– Oil and Gas Safety
– Formulation of client safety specifications
– Legal compliance audits for both the OHS Act and MHS Act
– Safety Audits for non-construction clients